Webpage sponsored by Emery Telcom

Western Mining and Railroad Museum
Home Page
What's New
Tour of Museum
Photographs
Archives
Links Page

Guided Tour

Tour Beginning

Outside of Museum

Basement:

Main Floor:

Second Floor:

Third Floor:

Winter Quarters Room

Winter Quarters
Winter Quarters, located up the canyon west of Scofield, was the first coal mine to be opened in Utah, in the spring of 1875 and was closed in 1928. It will be remembered for the terrible explosion on May 1, 1900, in which 199 men were killed.

This room tells the history of Winter Quarters and the One Hundredth Commemoration Ceremony held on May 1, 2000. Winter Quarters